So, when I stumbled upon this Citrus Salt Scrub, I was anxious to give it a try. I assembled these for the important mom’s in my life for Mother’s Day this year. This scrub would also make a great hostess gift or sweet (or more appropriately salty) addition birthday or shower gift. (Think pampering.)
Of course, I made one for myself and love using it on my hands and especially my feet to smooth out the roughness. (Yes, my feet have officially entered the stage where they require some special care. Apparently, it happens to the best of us.)
What you will need:
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive, almond or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (or zest)
- 1/2 tsp orange zest (not necessary)
- First mix the oil and sea salt together. (Add a bit of oil at a time, you may not need all that is called for! I’ve made a few batches, each time it has taken different amounts.)
- Add orange zest.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the salt and oil mix. (You do not want too much lemon juice, or else your mixture will become a watery consistency.)
- Mix well. Store in an air tight container.
How to exfoliate: Clean body as normal in shower. Just before getting out, apply salt scrub in a firm circular motion all over body. Concentrating on those knees and elbows! (and in my case feet!) Rinse and pat dry with towel.
One batch as given above fills a half-pint jar perfectly. You can adjust accordingly depending on the container you choose. I used lemon and orange zest and a bit of lemon juice. The beauty is that you can tweak to your preference.
Special thanks to KristanLynn and her blog for the inspiration.
Cheers to summertime and exfoliation!